New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports
Harvard University Science Center,
Lecture Hall C
1 Oxford Street
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Conference pictures, videos, and other material will be posted
on this site soon.
If you would like to receive an e-mail notifying you of these
postings, please sign up on the e-mail list if you have not already
The official conference program is posted
on the program page.
- Jim Albert, Bowling Green State University
"Assessing Streakiness in Home Run Hitting"
- Richard Smith, SAMSI and University of North
"Completing the Results of the 2013 Boston Marathon"
Panel discussion: "Baseball analytics for strategy, scouting,
- Vince Gennaro - President of SABR; consultant to MLB teams,
- Ben Baumer - Visiting Assistant Professor, Smith College,
and statistical analyst for Baseball Operations with the NY
- Eric M. Van - sabermetric Baseball Operations consultant
for the Red Sox, 2005-2009.
- Andy Andres - Head Coach and Lead Instructor,
MIT Science of Baseball Program; and Fenway Park Datacaster/Stringer
for mlb.com and MLBAM (Gameday)
CONFERENCE E-MAIL LIST:
Sign up to be on the 2013 NESSIS e-mail list.