New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports
Harvard University Science Center
1 Oxford Street
Saturday, September 26, 2015
The 2015 New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports
will be a meeting of
statisticians and quantitative analysts connected with sports teams,
sports media, and universities to discuss common problems of interest in
statistical modeling and analysis of sports data.
The symposium format will be a mixture of invited talks, a poster session,
and a panel discussion.
NESSIS registration is now open.
Earl bird registration ends August 1.
poster abstracts are
now available online.
- Stan Veuger, American Enterprise Institute
"Football under pressure: Assessing malfeasance in Deflategate"
- Carl Morris, Harvard University
"Comparing sports performances using counts and rates"
Panel discussion: "Hockey analytics in the NHL"
- Brian Macdonald - Florida Panthers
- Jason Nightingale - Buffalo Sabres
- Michael Peterson - Tampa Bay Lightning
- Michael Schuckers (moderator) - Associate Professor of Statistics,
St. Lawrence University;
Co-founder, Statistical Sports Consulting LLC
Dual-track NESSIS refereed proceedings
Instructions for paper submissions will be provided after the conference.
Sign up to be on the NESSIS e-mail list.